I made SOME progress on Day 1 of our alternative to NaNo. Not as much as I had hoped for (my goal was 5,000 words). But almost 2,000 is respectable. I think I’m going to set myself some ground rules. 1,000 words for most normal days, days off should have at least 2,000, and half days of work should be at least 1,500. The problem then becomes trying to keep track of it. Enh. As long as I’m still making progress, I’ll be okay.
So far, I’ve realized that: my characters are fairly slow. No surprise there. They’re not jumping on all the cool or weird things going on around them. Annoying, but whatever.
Second, apparently there are 2 MCs. I didn’t think that would happen, but knowing what I know about the story, it makes sense. I’m still trying to work out some of the background history with the five of them, and how it all ties together. Since I’ve only gotten to two of them, I’m still okay.
Third: I think I know a major plot point. And it’s kindof a doozy. The only problem is that I still don’t have a climax, and I need to figure out which of the several different ideas I’ve had is the right direction. Without that little bit of information, it’s going to be hard to work everything together. Weave things in place for the future. Maybe I’ll just keep writing and see what happens.
That’s it for now. It’s been a long day!