1. Word wars are hard! So the indomitable Leah Clifford are spending the week locked in furious, no-holds-barred combat. The winner? Whoever writes the most before Friday at midnight. At stake? Pride.
And right now she’s BEATING me. I cannot tell you how annoying that is. I may or may not have already trashed my apartment, rock star style, as a result.
2. Cooking is hard work. So I shared one of my fave recipes with my good friend Lisa the other night, since I was already planning on making it myself the next night. I’d thawed the chicken, organized the ingredients, the whole nine yards. What did I end up having for dinner? Pizza. Because cooking would have taken me away from writing for too long.
3. I’ve been super picky with books lately. I’ve put down 3 different books because they just didn’t grab me right from the start. It makes me feel a little like an agent, almost.
4. Sundays and Tuesdays are really the only time I watch television anymore, but EVERYTHING I watch is on those nights. 3 shows on Sundays and 4 on Tuesdays. This is very annoying because it’s always “okay, which show do I watch first? And if I watch this, what will I watch next.” AND I have writing to do today, which is going to make it even more complicated!
5. Once when I was in the third grade, we had to do this Christmastime art project. Mine was a Christmas present, and I colored it in an orange box with purple ribbon. Honestly, I just didn’t want to wait for the red and green markers to become available, so I picked what I could find. My teacher yelled at me and made me feel bad, but you know what? My mom STILL has that picture. Even in third grade, I followed the beat of my own drummer.